Frequently Asked Questions

We've compliled a list of some Frequently Asked Questions below. If you can't find the question/answer you are looking for on this page, give us a call at the Association Office at 661-821-5537.

Q: Do I need ECC approval to trim storm damaged trees?

A: As Fall and Winter approach, we could experience storm and wind damage to not only our oak trees but other varieties as well. For the branches that break off you do not need a permit to trim the excess branch off. If you wish to do any other oak tree trimming apart from the storm damage, you will need to submit for an oak tree trim approval. These may be obtained at the BVSA office. Of course, take any safety measures necessary. For emergency action tree trimming, approvals can be processed in 24 hours or less. For further information, please call the ECC Reps at 821-5537 ext. 214.

Back to Top

Q: If I am having a problem with a neighbor for a violation of the Rules and Regulations, what can I do?

A: If residents cannot resolve a situation between themselves, then turn to your Association. Should you have a situation that does not appear to be resolved through neighborly means, and you are willing to actively participate in the enforcement provided by the Rules and Regulations, you may complete an ECC Complaint form online. The Complaint form may be found within the ECC page on this website. If the situation is deemed in violation of the Rules and Regulations, the ECC and Field Rep. will institute the enforcement policy. Your continued assistance may be required.

Back to Top

Q: How much property do I have to own to have horses?

A: One acre of land is required to have horses and there is a limit of 4 horses (or hooved animals) per acre. For each additional 1/4 acre of land, an additional horse (or hooved animal) is allowed.

Back to Top

Q: What is an assessment?

A: The assessment is an annual fee due from each homeowner to cover the operating expenses of the common area and provide for reserve funds for replacement of common facilities in future years. Your assessments are due in July of each year. Statements will be mailed to the address on file and reflect the dollar amount due and the due date.

Back to Top

Q: How much are the assessment fees for BVS?

A: In 2018, the annual assessment fee is $1,480. per property. This fee can fluctuate from year to year because expenses of maintaining and operating facilities, paying salaries, etc. can increase or even decrease. The amount of an increase cannot exceed 20% over the previous year's assessment.

Back to Top

Q: What happens if I don't pay my assessment?

A: The maintenance and management services incurred by the Association are dependent upon timely receipt of the assessments due from each homeowner. Late payments will result in a late charge as assessments are due by July 31 of each year. In addition, the CC&Rs allows the Association to charge late charges and interest and proceed with a lien on your property, or foreclosure proceeding for non-payment of assessments.

Back to Top

Q: Are Board meetings open to all property owners? If so, when and where are they held?

A: Yes. Regular monthly Board meetings are held the third Tuesday of each month, starting at 6:00 pm. Generally they are held at the Oak Tree Country Club banquet room. Notice of the time and place, along with the meeting agenda of any open board meeting will be posted at the Association office as well as other locations within the community, or accessed online at www.bvsa.org. You can find the link on the Home Page. Go to Board of Directors and then to Agendas and Minutes.

Back to Top

Q: If I want to serve on a committee, how do I find out what committees are active and how I can get involved?

A: Click here to go to the Committee List page where you will find a listing of all Board Advisory Committees and their members.  If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the Chair Person of the committee you are interested in.

Back to Top

Q: How do I get a window decal for my car?

Click here for information about Window Decals issued by the Bear Valley Springs Community Services District.


Back to Top

Q: How do I get my new amenity cards?

A: Come to the Association office with information that shows you are the property owner and fill out an application (a picture ID is also required for person over the age of 18). The Your information will be input to the computer and you will be issued an amenity card. Amenity cards are issued to one family living at a single address per property.  Go to the BVS Association office for information regarding cards issued to renters.

Back to Top

Q: How long is the walking path at Cub Lake?

A: With the addition of the loop, the walking path is .63 of a mile. This measurement does not include the street side of the lake.

Back to Top

Q: How many lots make up Bear Valley Springs?

A: As of 2012, 3582 lots of various sizes make of the community of Bear Valley Springs. The minimum lot size is .33 acres.

Back to Top

Q.  I am a new resident to Bear Valley Springs.  Where do I need to go?  

A.  As a new resident, there are many things to do and know.  Please go to the Association office at 29541 Rolling Oak Drive for your association issued amenity cards.  A resident card is needed to use the amenities. Go to the Community Services District office in order to receive water, mail and gate pass information.  Here is a link to their website.  

Back to Top

ECC Frequently Asked Questions download/view

For technical questions and comments regarding this website,
please contact the Webmaster.